Altus Partners are delighted to be partnering with a market leading infrastructure equity investor. Their direct investing team is looking to recruit an Investment Associate to help further deploying capital and execute global Core & Core+ investments, particularly within transport and public services. Over the last year, the team has already deployed over 50% of the $2bn raised last year with a strong pipeline of additional investment opportunity. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to take their first step out of banking, as this role is an excellent way to move into private equity from banking.
· Evaluating new investment proposals or potential target businesses, including conducting financial analysis, valuation exercises, financial modelling.
· Responsibility for aspects of the deal processes including working on commercial, financial, tax and legal due diligence, typically alongside advisors.
· Undertaking research into specific sectors and countries that fit within the infrastructure equity investment mandate to develop sub-sector strategies.
· Supporting the post-deal management of the equity investment portfolio
· Maintaining the deal pipeline and filtering potential core and core + infrastructure investment opportunities
· Preparation of valuation and presentation materials for investment committees
· 2-3 years of relevant experience gained in private equity or investment banking covering infrastructure.
· University degree or equivalent from a leading university
· German language is preferred (other European languages are also useful).
· At least 2-3 years relevant business experience within investment banking, consulting, or private equity.
· Good business communication and presentation skills
· An active interest in investing in developing countries
· Ability to analyse a company’s financial statements and to make commercial assessments based on this analysis
· Excellent excel modelling skills
· Experience in valuation techniques
· Ability to build relationships within and across teams and externally