Altus Partners are excited to be working with a Global Private Equity platform, to identify an experienced Real Estate Investment Associate. The team focuses on the UK Residential for sale, BTR, Student and Retirement Living markets, and underwrites loans to the UK’s leading Developers. Successful candidates will have a real estate private equity, investment banking or consulting background. Extensive knowledge of the UK Real Estate market and strong financial skills are required.
• Be responsible for leading projects from start to finish
• Working with members of the team review and comment upon appraisals and costs and investments.
• Manage Project Monitors and use their information to guide the Underwrite.
• Lead Meetings, gather information and prepare reports.
• Write up and present reports for internal and external parties – Investment Committee.
• Work closely with myself and the team providing advice as and when required.
• Be expected to be up to date on all matters of Development & Construction and research accordingly to assist in reports and thought pieces
• Be expected to review and interpret development appraisals, Bill of Qts, cost plans and make own assumptions as to what the costs should be.
• Be able to create cost estimates and plans from limited data but using your skills and comparison experience.
• Confident and well-practiced in assembly of tender documents, understanding, and editing building contracts.
• Appreciation of R of Light and Party Wall issues and other 3rd Party events
• Excellent IT skills to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word – cost modelling knowledge a benefit
• Can do attitude, Pro Active, Autonomous, Considerate and Confident
• Senior / Associate level
• Working for established asset management, lender, or bank
• Experience of Residential Towers / Single Family projects / Student / retirement – new build and refurb
• RICS or BCIS accredited – this may have lapsed due to role within finance
• 2:1 Degree minimum