Altus Partners has partnered exclusively with a Global Investment Manager that is looking to bring on a Risk Conducting Officer to join a the successful and dynamic senior management team based in Luxembourg. The business is going through an exciting growth phase and this individual will play a vital role in growing, developing and leading the risk function. The role will work directly with the Partners and Senior Members of the business in developing the business area.
The role will work directly with the Board and a highly achieving senior peer group and will be expected to be a self-starter and able to research and conclude upon various issues alone. The role will be required to liaise with senior stakeholders around the business and all members of the business area. The Risk Conducting Officer will be responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing assessment of the risk management policy, risk management procedure and the risk framework for new and existing funds and strategies.
· Responsible for the permanent risk management of the AIFM
· Oversee the implementation of a consistent approach regarding risk management and work with the European Risk Management departments for implementation and monitoring procedures.
· Lead the design, implementation and ongoing assessment of the risk management policy, risk management procedure and the risk framework for new and existing funds and strategies
· Monitor, analyse and implement regulatory changes related to risk management
· Monitoring of risk profiles for the European Funds
· Identify risk limits and compliance of the funds with risk profiles and monitor the funds compliance with the investment limits.
· Produce regular and ad-hoc reports to the senior management and Board of Managers and the regulator
· Implement a consistent structure and procedures across all EMEA funds including an effective KPI reporting.
· Oversee the preparation, organisation, execution and documentation of board and shareholder meetings.
· Experience as a Conducting Officer of an AIFM/ManCo would be beneficial
· Degree in business, finance or law preferable
· Relevant working experience in Risk Management preferably Alternative Investments Markets Funds (Private Equity, Credit or Real Estate)
· Additional experience of Corporate Management, Fund Administration or similar is required
· Profound knowledge of the relevant Luxembourg legal and regulatory requirements related to Risk Management, Fund Administration and Corporate Governance
· Highly professional, client service orientated, confident, outgoing and open-minded
· Fluency in English is mandatory, additional languages appreciated
· Experienced in managing a team